Wednesday 10 August 2011

Research Into Horror Trailers 1

To help me with brainstorming some of my own ideas I thought it would be best if I did some research into different types of horror trailers. This will help me take notes for my own horror trailer project. I intend to look at horror trailers from different countries, how they are told, based on true events, etc. I also want to look at the simplicity of these trailers so I can have reassurance in the fact that mine will have no money put in to it. I will also be looking at Mise en scene, props, costumes etc. 


 
I came across a horror trailer, it is a Spanish trailer called “REC 3 Genesis” and was directed by Paco Plaza. This trailer is so different from the ones I have seen, but the summary of this film is that zombies have infested a wedding party. But somehow it is a religious outcome. This film was released in March this year, 
  • the trailer begins like a wedding video it shows a sequence of  wedding photos of a happy couple and family and friends having a nice time.
  • This is accompanied by calming civilized classical music
  • The target audience for this film is 18 and above I would only recommend this film to people with strong stomachs because it is full of gore.  
  • As the sequence starts to change and we start seeing people throwing up and panicking, the non-diagetic sound of classical music goes out of tune, diagetic sounds of screaming begin to emerge
  • then the sequence stops and we emerge into the reality of it. 
  • Then we see the bride fighting her way through the zombies. 
  • Mis en scene has a wedding background with celebratory decorations which clashes with the zombie gore, chainsaws and weapons. 



No comments:

Post a Comment