Saturday 18 June 2011

Re-evaluation of my AS Research and Planning

I researched various aspects of film making and in particular the horror film genre including general film openings, horror film openings, mise en scene, target audience, sound, horror genre and horror conventions. This research helped me with my genre selection as well as my final task.

I blogged over 60 posts last year, but rushed most of these towards the end of term. So I suppose my time keeping could have been better. I feel I did a lot of research in to the horror genre and believe I covered most of the horror conventions. I feel that the research into film conventions was a bit rushed, it could have been more detailed. I could possibly have been more analytical and examined these conventions more closely. The target audience research needs more work, the research here was inadequate I feel. Were I to do this a second time round I would gather specific information from these target audiences to better gauge what these groups find appealing. One way to do this would be to engage in taking interviews and questionnaires.

However I feel the research covering the horror film genre and in particular horror film openings is more focused and analytical. This helped me later to more easily plan storyboards, to cast people and make shooting schedules. Research and planning is a vital process in preparing the groundwork before filming can begin. The process was a very useful way of learning what film making involves.

No comments:

Post a Comment