Thursday 15 December 2011

Redraft of Storyboard

While filming the story board I chose I got more ideas on how I wanted to compose the trailer. I liked the idea lots of small jump cuts interspersed with black screen that faded text in and out. I felt it would add more menace and sense of peril. I also like the idea of first person perspective or point of view (POV). This gave me some benefits, in the context of the trailer it gave a greater sense of peril and gave the audience the POV of the victim. Also as none of us are professional actors or have any acting experience, I felt the less screen time I gave my actors the better. The trailer would feel more authentic if the menace was kept out of sight and off screen. 

I decided to experiment with the camera and run with it held out in front of me. This became the basis of the chase or panic shots. I also tried some thing new, that was to improvise a dolly, basically I hung my camera from a harness I constructed from strong string, this stopped it rotating. I then lowered the camera near the ground and ran with it holding it just above ground level foliage. As I ran I weaved the camera through some of the foliage. I saw that this was effective and decided to modify the storyboard to incorporate more of these types of shots.

No comments:

Post a Comment