Tuesday 27 March 2012

Audience Feedback

In order to check the effectiveness of my product and ancillary texts I produced a short questionnaire for viewers of the trailer. Their feedback would give me an idea of what went well with the project and what might need improving. The questions I asked are as follows:
  1. Do you think the trailer follows the conventions of the horror genre?
  2. How would you rate the direction of the trailer?, give a rating out of 5 with 1 being poor and 5 being excellent.
  3. Do you have any criticisms, if so what are they and why?
  4. Was there anything that you particularly liked, if so what and why?
  5. How well do you think the trailer ties in with the film poster and the magazine?, give a rating out of 5, with 1 being poorly and 5 being very effectively.

After showing my trailer to friends and family members, the feedback I got showed they were impressed at what is possible with the equipment I had available to me. They liked the way the trailer was constructed and agreed that it followed the conventions of a horror trailer.

There was some criticism that the blank gaps were too long, between cuts, perhaps those could have been tweaked more. Also some complained that the rapid jump cuts with POV chase shots gave them motion sickness. The shot that lingered on the missing person poster was too unsteady and could possibly have been re-shot using the tripod to steady it.

The grab scene could also possible have been re-shot, at the time using the small screen on the camera didn't make it apparent that the antagonist hiding in the bushes was visible. I was aiming for a rapid grab out of the blue, however no-one noticed it the first time they saw it, but afterwards because they knew what was coming they noticed someone hiding in the bushes.

Everyone liked the title screen and how it appeared and loved the shock ending, which by the way was my 2 year old cousin Amira who has a very loud and shocking scream when she gets excited or annoyed.

I found that the audience felt the ancillary texts complemented the trailer very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment